Looking good in a bathing suit shot is something I try to leave up to the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Models! Sometimes I can’t avoid having my photo taken while trying to relax in a swimsuit or at a pool party though! Looking back through some old photos I found one where my arm seriously looked as wide as my thigh! I was mortified. It motivated me to do a little bit of research and figure out the little tricks that can help me photograph a bit better! Here is what I learned:
- Try to avoid photos taken at high noon as the light is harsh. Morning light or just before sunset are the most flattering.
- Be sure the camera is at eye level or slightly higher. Anything lower will give you a double chin.
- Don’t look directly at the sun as it will make you squint.
- Check your posture before the shot!
- Smile….in a relaxed natural way.
- Pretend you love the camera. Often people who look the best in photographs genuinely like having their picture taken. Join their club! It shows!
- Lean slightly back with your weight on your back foot and turn slightly sideways. I tested this. It works!
- Remember, there is always photoshop!